When The Mormons Call (3)
The Mormons teach that babies are sinners and are lost because they inherited sin from their parents.
(1) ". . . For he gave commandment that all men must repent; for he showed unto all men that they were lost, because of the transgression of their parents (2 Nephi. 2:21).
(2) The false doctrine of inherited sin has given birth to many other false teachings and needs to be exposed.
(3) The Bible does not teach that a person inherits sin from his parents.
(4) The Bible teaches that little children are safe and are not subjects of Bible conversion.
(a) Jesus taught the disciples to become as little children (Matt. 18:1-4).
(b) Subjects of conversion must be capable of being taught, of believing, repenting, confessing their faith and being baptized (Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38; Mk. 16:16).
(5) The Bible teaches that men do not inherit sin from their parents but one is responsible for his own sins.
(a) Ezek. 18:20 - "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him".
(b) Ezek. 28:15 - "Thou was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."
(c) 1 Jn. 3:4 - "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
(d) Col. 3:25 - "But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons."
Instrumental Music in Worship
The Mormon Church uses instrumental music in worship. They claim to be the true church and have the truth. Let them defend the use of mechanical instruments of music in worship. It does them no good to ask, "Where does the Bible say that it should not be used." If they believe that it is scriptural to use instrumental music in worship, it becomes their responsibility to prove it.
The Bible only authorizes vocal music in worship.
(1) Matthew 26:30.
(2) Mark 14:26.
(3) Acts 16:25.
(4) Romans 15:9.
(5) 1 Corinthians 14:15.
(6) Ephesians 5:19.
(7) Colossians 3:16.
(8) Hebrews 2:12.
(9) Hebrews 13:15.
(10) James 5:13.
Truth Magazine XXIII: 33, p. 537