Some Questions For Arnold Hardin
Carrol R. Sutton
Since Arnold Hardin stated in THE PERSUADER, January 16, 1983, that ". . . all of us are wrong about some things. . . " I would like to ask him some questions and request of him that he answer them in THE PERSUADER. NOTE: THE PERSUADER is a weekly (I think) bulletin of the SCYENE ROAD CHURCH OF CHRIST of Dallas, Texas. Arnold Hardin is the editor. Here are the questions:
1. How do you know that "all of us are wrong about some things?" NOTE: Arnold was discussing a person's "understanding"-of God's work when he made the above statement and not a person's actions.
2. What are the "some things" about which YOU are wrong? Please name them.
3. What are the "some things" about which I and others are wrong? Please name them.
4. If you do not know what the "some things" about which YOU are wrong, how do you know that you "are wrong about some things?" Please explain.
5. If you DO know what the "some things" are about which YOU are wrong, why don't you CHANGE and accept what is right?
6. Did you make the statement that ". . . all of us are wrong about some things. . . " in order to condemn the "wrong"in all of us or to justify the "wrong" in all of us? Please give a forthright answer.
A NOTE TO YOU READERS: If you have been saying that "all of us are wrong about some things" or that "no one can perfectly understand God's will for man, " then I also direct the above questions to you and request that you answer them. As you answer them, please remember such passages as Psalms 119:130 which says: "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding to the simple, " and Ephesians 5:17 which says: Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. " Let us remember that Paul said: "If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given to me to youward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ). Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel. " (Ephesians 3:2-6). It will also help us if we will keep in mind what Jesus said in Matthew 13:23.
Guardian of Truth XXVII: 9, p. 266