By Johnie Edwards
We often sing, “There’s A Great Day Coming.” As we think about this great day, there are some great things associated with this great day. Thus, we take a look:
1. The Greatest Crowd Ever Gathered. How large of a crowd have you been in? Four or five hundred thousand? This great day will feature every person who has ever lived from day one to the end of time. Matthew 25:32 records, “And before him shall be gathered all nations . . .” By the way, you will be in this crowd!
2. The Greatest Book Will Be Opened. The Word of God will be the book by which we all will be judged. John said, “And I saw the dead, small and great stand before God; and the books were opened (Rev. 20:12). The Bible is a collection of 66 books and they will be opened. Jesus said, “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John 12:48). Paul wrote that we will judged by the “gospel”(Rom. 2:16). We had better get to reading, studying and obeying this great book! Right?
3. The Greatest Judge Will Judge. “For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son” (John 12:48). Paul put it this way, “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel” (Rom. 2:16). Christ will be a faithful and fair judge as he knows “what is in man” (John 2:25).
4. The Greatest Separation Known To Man. Matthew describes it as, “. . . He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats” (Matt. 25:32). Paul penned concerning this great separation regarding, “. . . them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel, shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power” (2 Thess. 1:7-9). At this great day, the saint and sinner will be separated. Which one are you?
5. The Handing Out Of The Greatest Reward. “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then he shall reward every man according to his works” (Matt. 16:27). It’s like Matthew 25:46 reveals, “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” Which will your reward be?
4001 E. 3rd St., Bloomington, Indiana 47401