By Raymond E. Harris
Homosexuals are a disgrace to any society. In pagan and so-called unenlightened countries known homosexuals are killed because they are so despised. However, in enlightened America, homosexuals are defended and shielded.
1 . Some say they are sick.
2. Some say they are “freaks of nature.”
3. Some say they are the unfortunate victims of the society that produced them.
4. Others just contend that they have simply chosen an alternative life style.
Today any who would dare oppose this dirty, filthy, vulgar way of life is charged with being intolerant, lacking understanding, not caring and being unloving. Also, they cry that their civil rights are being violated! What about the civil rights of those who practice incest, prostitution, public exposure or even rape? Really!
In fact, homosexuality is a violation of natural law, a violation of God’s law and until recently a violation of most states man-made laws. The bottom line is that homosexuality is sin. In every age God condemned such gross practices:
1. Genesis 18:16-19:20 (1,898 B.C.). God said the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah were “very grievous.” (Isn’t it strange that the scum which we once jailed and charged with “Sodomy” are now called “Gay” and pampered and defended as poor misunderstood folk who deserve our compassion and understanding?) God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone. But we are being told such should be allowed to flaunt themselves in every area of society.
2. Leviticus 18:22-24:1 (1450 B.C.). “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” Leviticus 20:13: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them.”
3. Judges 19-20 (1350 B.C.). The tribe of Benjamin was because all but destroyed by the other tribes of Israel, because of the Benjaminite’s sodomy, rape and vile ways.
4. Romans 1:26,32 (50-60 A.D.). “And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.” “Who knowing the judgment of God that they which commit such things are worthy of death. . .”
5. Deuteronomy 23:18 (1400 B.C.). “Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, (male prostitute) into the house of the Lord. . .”
6. 1 Corinthians 6:9 (50-60 A.D.) “Know ye not that the God? Be unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate nor abusers of themselves with mankind.”
The foregoing passages show God’s attitude toward homosexuality. Should our attitude be any less stringent?
Guardian of Truth XXX: 4, p. 100
February 20, 1986